Monday, 6 June 2011

'We're all going on a summer holiday...'

Not quite a summer holiday but I shall be away for ten days. I shan’t be languishing on a tropical island sipping Pina Coladas though, oh no, not Facing 50! Naturally, I shall divulge all when I return.

However, I hate leaving you all and so as a treat (hopefully) I am going to leave you with the first chapter of my precious book to read and enjoy. There is a catch though. The book is in a competition to be noticed and published which means it needs reviews and good star ratings over the next two weeks. If you think you’d like to read it and are willing to help me out then please click on the link I’ve provided HERE The details of my book will then come up. Click ‘read sample chapters from this book’. You will then be able to read the chapter.
     If you enjoy it would you please, please, pretty please, sign up and write a brief review of what you have read. You will need to go back to the page before and click on ‘review this work’. You’ll only need to provide a name – your blogging name is great and an email and some fictitious birth date!
     The review only needs to be 100 words or more. You can write whatever you like about it. It was funny. It was rubbish It made you laugh. Please feel free to criticise. I already have one scathing review and I only cried for five days. More importantly you will have to mark my work out of 5 for several categories, 5 being the best.
I cannot tell you how much I would appreciate your help.
     And so, I must leave you for a while. I shall be able to read your blogs but unable to leave comments. I’ll still be there in the background. Bye bye my bloggy friends - I’ll bring you all back a stick of rock!


7 comments:

  1. Have a great time during your trip.
    Went in to read and rate your writings ;)
    I like the way you write, with a lot of humour.
    Best of luck!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great trip....will get to that site as soon as I can. kt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful trip--I'll be anxiously awaiting your next post! I gave your first chapter an honest review, the review that it deserved--a GREAT ONE!! You're funny, BOTUK.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear kind friends - thank you from the bottom of my heart for graciously giving up your time and writing such wonderful things about my book. If this doesn't give it the launch it needs then I don't know what will!
    I have been so touched by everyone's enthusiasm and encouragement. I'm even struggling to find the appropriate words to thank you all without sounding repetitive. Wow! A first for me - dumbstruck!
    EvaMarie Sa - Thank you so much for your lovely review and feedback. It means such a lot to a writer to know they can please the audience they want to please.
    Out Of My Mind - I hope things aren't too crazy for you at the moment at home. Don't worry if you haven't got time to write anything...maybe just take some time out for you and hopefullly have a chuckle at it.
    fishducky - you are a diamond of a friend. Thank you for all your encouragement and a super review. I hope I can always make you smile...after all, I have my new nickname to live up to.
    As you can see I have sorted out Blogger and am back...hopefully it will stop shutting the door in my face and let me back onto my blog again.
    Once again, thank you all very much. See you all soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to review your writing. How exciting! Have a great "not quite summer holiday".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Argh! I read your chapters, wrote a review - and it won't let me submit thanks to the "stars" not showing. I'll try again tomorrow!
    Carol, as always, your writing is hilariously funny and brilliantly written with brutal honesty! Love it, love it, love it.

    Wishing you much success with the book - and a glorious holiday, no matter what it is!

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY AND LEAVING A COMMENT.