Tuesday, 12 April 2011

‘Come on over to my place, hey you we’re having a party!’

     Hello and welcome! Don’t look so surprised. Yes, it’s me, 'Facing 50 with humour. I’ve bought this pad next door and I’m having a house warming. Hope you like the place.
     Come and have a quick tour of the old, well, new place then. Grab a glass first; orange juice on the right, champagne on the left – Oh bother my mother seems to have chugged then champagne again. Don’t worry I’ll get Son to open another magnum.
‘Come on Son hurry up, the guests are arriving!’
     First I’d like to introduce you to Hubby. Well, most of you know him anyway but he absolutely insisted he had some input on this new venture and you’ll be able to see some of handiwork. He has his own little corner 'Hubby's Hotties'. Just click on the tab above. Humour him please. Read it and leave him a comment or he’ll sulk all night. It took him ages to write this first piece but at least it kept him out of my way.
     Over here under the title ‘Funnies’ there’ll be weekly cartoons and snippets to make you chuckle. This week my mother has sent photographs of her funny birthday cards which made her guffaw with laughter and cough so much I thought she wouldn't see another birthday. There’s a section 'About Me' as if you don’t know enough already. And on this main page you’ll find short posts rather than the lengthy missives that I place on my other blog to keep you stay cheerful on a regular basis. I’ll still be posting twice a week on ‘Facing 50 with humour’ but due to popular demand I’ve been asked to post some titbits to keep you chuckling and youthful in between my regular posts.
     And here hiding in the corner is the guest of honour – Katherine without whom none of this would have been possible. Whilst I was swanning about Berlin trying to prevent Hubby from buying every nice German car he saw, she was here project managing, chained to her desk organising the builders and decorators to have it all up and running in time for my return.
     So, raise your glasses and three cheers for Katherine. ’Hip, hip horray!’Now please do go over and tell her what a great job she has done here because she’d really appreciate it and being as lovely as she is she’ll give you all advice and help with your blog design, headers, buttons etc. Just click on her highlighted name.
     Thank you dear friends for coming here today.  I hope you’ll sign the ‘funny bone follower’ register before you go and leave a comment for me to enjoy later. I’m looking forward to seeing you here regularly.
     As a taster of what will be here you’ll find a couple of items here intended to amuse and rejuvenate you. After all laughter is the best medicine that I know of.

34 comments:

  1. I'm so excited! This is going to be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I can get a daily laugh from the other side of the pond!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Branching out and 'out of your tree'...all in the same space!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea! What a happy place to come for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great blogwarming party! I also love the design. That autumn photo caught my eye, it's great.

    Once again, grats for the new blog and I'll be looking forward to your posts here too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Phew, for a minute clever clogs, I thought that you had done all this yourself. I was SO impressed, especially coming through the door like that. Then I read that you had a little helper, in the form of Katherine. She has certainly excelled herself this time. It's brilliant! I loved all the funny birthday cards - gave me a real chuckle. Have you been scheming this for a long time, o wise one?! I shall now pop right over to Katherine to tell her what a great job she has done. You'll be taking over the whole of Blogland before we know it! See, I told Desiree to keep an eye on you. I just knew that something like this was going to happen!! Warmest wishes from that nice lady in Devon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How exciting for you! This is a fantastic idea. I will be visiting regularly.
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so impressed! Wherever do you find the time?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two blogs! Amazing. I have to go check out Hubby's Hotties, now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gosh this is great! Can't wait to have some laughs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your husband's post was wonderful. Good for him for blogging! The cards were so funny. Your mom's friends are a riot.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is fantastic. Great idea. Love it. I'll go check out Hubbies Hotties right now. Have fun you party hound!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. party? Did I hear party?
    yes, i love a good party!
    Any wine going? Red?
    great blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW.........I love you new blog home.......Now, my only question is are you posting on both?..........glad you are back.....missed you.....kt

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cool beans! I'm glad I came to this party!

    ReplyDelete
  16. DEAR EVERYONE
    I'm so pleased that you have come over and you like it. Really, really 'chuffed to bits'. Now, commenting on your comments is a bit difficult at the moment because there are so many and I won't have time to chat to you all, visit you and write up my next posts so I shall just have to say a massive thank you here to you all.
    Hubby is only allowed to look at his page and is 'gobsmacked' at all the responses he got. Sadly he doesn't know how to post on the blog itself so I have to type it up and do the complicated bit and he will have to dictate his replies to you all via me...I have a feeling this is going to be harder than writing the blog on my own! Luckily he isn't going to post every day or I'd never be off the computer.
    I am so grateful to you all for supporting his effort and my mother will be delighted to know you liked her cards. She's busy entertaining Son soon in Cyprus so goodness knows what we'll get from her next.
    Hope you all have fun here. The idea is for everyone to have a laugh.
    KT don't worry I'm still posting on the usual blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. lol I'm pretty excited about this! I love your other blog.. This will just add to it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey thanks for stopping by! I was posting todays post when you came by. I'm love that you called my husband a good bloke. I can't wait to tell him. He will think that is just the best compliment ever!

    ReplyDelete
  19. great party...hope no one chuck chunders on the new carpet!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love it! Your new place looks great and anything that will make me laugh is something I will support! Will take a look at your hubby´s corner too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi! I’m belatedly stopping by from the UBP. Nice to meet you!
    I have two blogs, and I’d love for you to stop by when you get a minute. We’re giving away a $100 Visa gift card until the 19th at Giveaway Corner. Thanks!

    http://giveawaycorner.blogspot.com/ (A free giveaway every weekday)
    http://anne-somekindofwonderful.blogspot.com/ (Family blog)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice new "digs!" The party was just great, we enjoyed ourselves immensely! Wishing you continued success and laughs...this is great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice new home - enjoying the champers thanks! :-)

    Will be following you on Facebook

    www.momentsofwhimsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. OOps - just realised I aleady am......maybe I had one too many???

    ReplyDelete
  25. Craziness Abounds - It wouldn't be the same without you here.
    Iwasntbloggedyesterday - Only son but I'm used to him chundering after a night out!
    Betty - thank you but don't give him too much praise he's getting big headed now.
    Hello Anne and thank you. I'm on my way over...
    FiveSibesMom - hurray you made it too. Hope the 'boys' aren't waiting outside in the cold for you to finish your drink :)
    Haha Cate - Don't worry. I don't have a new facebook page for here it's the same as my other blog however I have a problem with it today though. It seems to have lost all my wall posts grrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy Blog Warming! I am honored to have a mention in your post. It was a pleasure creating artwork for you. The empty nest birds have settled in nicely I see. I'm off to visit hubby's hotties ( a wonderful addition).
    Biggest Hugs, Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  27. I do like your new home! Looks great and since our titles are similar...we seem to be on the same mission! Look forward to sharing ideas and comments with you!!! COme on over and say hello!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, I stopped by from the Follow Friday. New follower. Please visit my blog too if you like: gigglelaughcry.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. Katherine - my dear friend without you we would not be having a giggle at all. Thank you so much for sorting out this new spot.
    Pam - I'm en route to see you. Thank you for stopping by.
    Giggle, laugh, cry - a pleasure to meet you and I shall be over faster than you can say 'click, click'.

    ReplyDelete
  30. A good and funny post. I enjoyed it. I'm a new follower and I grabbed your lovely button. Doylene

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congratulations on your lovely new home, Carol. It is so bright and bubbly just like all the champagne we've been enjoying at your grand opening. Katherine really has done a marvellous job as your decorator and project manager!

    I've signed up and am looking forward to visiting often! I've aged about 10 years this week and will need to work at reversing it :)

    Big hug,

    Des xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  32. Desiree - I will do my very best to rejuvenate you. I'm raising a glass to the whole youthful process...cheers. Big hug to you too x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Happy blog hopping!.

    I am a book blogger. I read varied genres, have a truly eclectic taste in books. Feel free to explore my blog, browse my reviews. I follow via google reader NOT GFC!

    Here is my Book Blogger Hop/Follow Friday post!

    ReplyDelete
  34. A Gracious Home - how lovely to meet you. Thank you very much indeeed for following and grabbing my new button. I shall be hot footing it to your blog as soon as I have finished typing.
    Gautami Tripathy - I adore reading so I am now about to visit you immediately. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

THANK YOU FOR MAKING MY DAY AND LEAVING A COMMENT.